Additional Classes / Offerings
At Kare-a-Lot we offer our students and parents various supplements to our programming. Some of these include the following:
- Holiday classroom parties. Parties include: Valentines Day, Spring, Halloween, Winter Holidays. Please note that parents are always invited to participate.
- Monthly visitors to reinforce our themes – We try to reinforce our themes by bringing in visitors at least once a month. For example on farm week we have a petting zoo and on weather week we bring in Cosi on Wheels to present their Weather program for preschoolers. A list of visitors can be found on our theme sheet and will be listed in the monthly newsletters that go out via e-mail.
- Water Days (summer months – all classes) – Each class will hold a weekly water day where children will play in wading pools, slip in slides and/or water tables in the summer months.
- Field Trips (Preschool – School Age) – Field trips will be held mainly during summer months and during special events such as the pumpkin patch. These will be in the preschool, PreK and School Age classrooms. School Agers will have field trips once a week during our summer program.
- Share Days/Special Projects (Preschool-Schoolage) We encourage sharing by allowing our Preschool, PreK and School age children to bring in a toy from home once a week that we have them bring out at a designated time. We also involve parents with different items to bring from home that go along with the theme from time to time (teachers will send messages through our app and post signs to let you know what special project we may be doing) or projects you can do with your child at home.
- Graduation Ceremony (PreK) We have a end of the year ceremony for our PreK students to celebrate their accomplishment. We also complete and assessment of each child to assess their readiness for Kindergarten.
- Jumpbunch – A sports & fitness Program for kids that offers a new sports related activity at school biweekly. We provide this class as part of your tuition for children ages Toddlers and up. More information can be found at http://jumpbunch.com/.
- Fall and Spring Pictures (all students). We have a professional photographer come in to take photographs of your child which you can purchase once you see the proofs, however you are under to obligation to do so. This just saves you the hassle of going out to get photos on your own.
- ASQ Assessments – At Kare-a-Lot we use a tool called an Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ) to look at children’s strengths and trouble spots and educate parents about developmental milestones and/or delays.